Job Type: Direct Hire
Job Id #: 6361
Responsible for the engineering and design of the most cost-effective, accurate and high quality OSP construction work prints while meeting or exceeding all client deadlines.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Including, but not limited to:)
- Work in various Client & City specific standards and requirements to draft and design a cost effective set of scaled engineering drawings to be utilized for construction to place facilities and conduits
- Read and understand City substructure plans, parcel maps, tract maps, and conduit records.
- Independently modify deliverables per Client & City redlines, rough sketches, field notes, or verbal instruction
- Performs self-checks to ensure deliverables meet Client (internal & external) expectations
- Continuously evaluate process and procedures and notify supervisor for proposed improvements
- Perform minor quantity calculations
- Provide feasible solutions to Project Teams when design changes are required
- Shares industry knowledge, latest technology, and processes with less experienced Engineers
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 3 or more years OSP Design experience, preferred
- 3 or more years of experience with AutoCAD 2D drafting; full time use within the last 6 months
- Understands and follows design & quality standards.
- Experience and understanding of outside plant engineering and construction methods
- Construction experience preferred, but not required.
- Field experienced preferred, but not required.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, GIS programs, Adobe Acrobat (or similar)
- Deadline driven, self-motivated, and technically savvy.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible, take direction with ease, including changes to schedule and workflow priorities.
- Critical thinking skills; make assessments and provide solutions to problems.
- Ability to maintain professional tact in a fast-paced work environment with internal personnel and clients.
- Superior customer service. Dedication to providing customers “White Glove Service”.
- May be required at times for training purposes.
- Able to sit for long periods of time.
- Able to look at a computer screen for long periods of time.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.