Make Ready Engineer
Location: Any CHC Office
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job Id #: 6362
The Make Ready Engineer is responsible for reviewing utility poles and performing make ready engineering work that complies with the either GO95 or NESC.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Review utility poles and field notes to determine most accurate make ready solution
- Provide solutions for poles that fail pole loading or are not good candidates for new attachments
- Produce make ready worksheets and prints
- Coordinate with project teams and engineers to ensure the accuracy, completeness and delivery of all work
- Research and document requirements on aerial construction by pole owner or customer for whom the work is being performed.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for make ready engineering, both internally and externally to CHC’s customers
- Deep knowledge of OSP design and construction, specifically relating to aerial plant, make ready engineering and construction
- Ability to read and analyze results of pole loading
- Ability to read work prints and construction drawings
- Understanding of NESC, GO95 and joint use
- Knowledge of pole agreements and processes
- Work in a team orientated, face paced, environment
- Highly Organized and Detail Oriented
- Advanced verbal and written interpersonal communication skills
- Superior Time Management - ability to prioritize large workloads and is self-motivated
- Flexible - takes direction with ease and able to adapt to changing environments
- Intermediate to advanced skills in all Microsoft Office programs
- Familiarity with pole loading software (OCALC, SpidaCalc, etc.)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) to four (4) years' experience in power utility or telecommunications
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.