Engineer II (GIS Developer)
Location: Carlsbad, California
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job Id #: 6370
Participate in the development of proprietary GIS software and related tools. Help to develop new tools, automations, and reports. Provide support for Ad Hoc requests including data exports and imports, data conversions, spatial queries, data automations, etc. Work on refining existing tool set. Interact with engineering department for various needs and support.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Including, but not limited to:)
- Assist with coding of new tools and upgraded user interfaces
- Provide support for automation tools and process improvement
- Support various requests including data exports and imports, data conversions, spatial queries, data automations, etc.
- Work on Ad Hoc reports as needed by Engineering department
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in GIS related major
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Strong knowledge of GIS design and implementation
- Deadline driven, self-motivated, and technically savvy
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills
- Superior time management
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible, take direction with ease, including changes to schedule and workflow priorities
- Critical thinking skills; make assessments and provide solutions to problems
- Ability to maintain professional tact in a fast-paced work environment with internal personnel and clients.
- Superior customer service. Dedication to providing customers “White Glove Service”.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.