Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job Id #: 6389
The Engineer will be trained to be responsible for the design and engineering of the most cost-effective, high quality OSP work prints while meeting all client deadlines. Upon completion of training, the Engineer will be able to provide quality OSP designs with accurate access points, calculations, best path analysis, and cost effectiveness.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Including, but not limited to:)
- Work in various customer specific systems to produce a cost effective engineered design for construction to place, splice, install and maintain for many years to come.
- Identify assigned fiber/copper pairs at a strategic access points and design a path through aerial and underground facilities.
- Possible design in the underground environment such as manholes, handholes, and pedestals to place fiber cable through conduit and various access points.
- Engineer in the public right of way and on private property for the prevention of conflict with existing facilities.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics preferred.
- Experience with AutoCad, GIS, and Microsoft Excel highly preferred.
- Experience in either the engineering, construction, architecture or telecommunications industries is a plus.
- Highly organized, self-starter, and detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Superior time management.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible, take direction with ease, including changes to schedule and workflow priorities.
- Critical thinking skills; make assessments and provide solutions to problems.
- Ability to maintain professional tact in a fast-paced work environment with internal personnel and clients.
- Superior customer service. Dedication to providing customers “White Glove Service”.