Location: Davenport, Iowa
Job Type: Contract
Job Id #: 6395
Entry Level OSP Drafter will be trained on the design and drafting of the most cost-effective, high quality OSP workprints while meeting all client deadlines. You will learn to provide quality OSP Fiber designs with accurate access points, calculations, best path analysis, and cost effectiveness.
- Responsible for drafting OSP projects
- Develop construction prints based on rough sketches, photos, marked-up copies and/or detailed instructions
- Learn and understand client and company standards and procedures
- Ensure that deliverables meet quality standards and design requirements
- Required to meet strict project deadlines
- Quality of work graded on a pre-determined weighted scale as defined by the Quality Control department
- Customer satisfaction (internal and external) based on communication and quality of work
- Basic knowledge of Computer-Aided Drafting Design (CADD), through school, internship, and/or work experience
- Motivated self-starter with a passion and drive to start and complete projects
- Exceptional service orientation - experience in providing customer service and support that exceeds the expectations of internal and external clients
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Attention to detail
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing situations
- Experience with GIS Software
- Basic industry knowledge and technology trends
SPECIAL DEMANDS (SOFT SKILLS)
- Deadline driven, self-motivated, and technically savvy
- Team player, positive attitude
- Solid customer service and high quality standards
- Must have an interest in continued learning in OSP Design
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.