Field Engineer (Site Walks)
Location: Los Angeles, California
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job Id #: 6400
Field Engineers travel to assigned business locations in region and perform client/customer site walks. Customer, client and building requirements will determine the location of new equipment inside the building and the path for new cable placement to a "meet point" at the customer property line.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Including, but not limited to:)
- Travel to assigned locations and perform site walks.
- Locate existing paths of copper and or fiber cables.
- Estimate required materials (fiber cables, fiber jumpers, conduit, ground wire) to provide new service to customer location.
- Determine the required internal mounting, hardware, power and grounding requirements at customer location. Take required photos, input data/notes and forward all information to assigned Project Coordinator at close of site walk.
- Assure that personal vehicle is maintained to CHC safety standards.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to accommodate travel in personal vehicle.
- Experience in either the engineering, construction, architecture or telecommunications industries is a plus.
- Telecommunications Engineering Standards
- Capable of identifying issues in the field that would have a potential to impact network design.
- Able to collect necessary data from the field for determining a design including all necessary OSP features.
- Understanding of Telecommunications Construction Techniques
- Able to identify and suggest all types of construction methods within ROW, identify assumed public ROW, visually identify existing utilities.
- Experience and understanding of outside plant construction techniques.
- Knowledge of fiber networking and cable routing.
- Experience in estimating existing utility locations.
- Experience in either the engineering or construction within the telecommunications industry.
- Experience with interpreting cable or substructure designs.
- Ability to upload/download and edit documents in Project Management software.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office programs and Adobe Acrobat. Working knowledge of Google Earth. Ability to quickly learn new systems and databases.
- Highly organized, self-starter, and detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Superior time management.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible, take direction with ease, including changes to schedule and workflow priorities.
- Critical thinking skills; make assessments and provide solutions to problems.
- Ability to maintain professional tact in a fast-paced work environment with internal personnel and clients.
- Ability to follow direction in maintaining all Field Safety standards.
- Superior customer service. Dedication to providing customers “White Glove Service”.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.