OSP Facility Engineer
Location: Stormlake, Iowa
Job Type: Contract
Job Id #: 6414
The Engineer will be trained to be responsible for the design and engineering of the most cost-effective, high quality OSP work prints while meeting all client deadlines. Upon completion of training, the Engineer will be able to provide quality OSP designs with accurate access points, calculations, best path analysis, and cost effectiveness.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Including, but not limited to:)
- Work in various customer specific systems to produce a cost effective engineered design for construction to place, splice, install and maintain for many years to come.
- Identify assigned fiber/copper pairs at a strategic access points and design a path through aerial and underground facilities.
- Possible design in the underground environment such as manholes, handholes, and pedestals to place fiber cable through conduit and various access points.
- Engineer in the public right of way and on private property for the prevention of conflict with existing facilities.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree (in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) preferred.
- Experience with AutoCad, GIS, and Microsoft Excel highly preferred.
- Experience in either the engineering, telecommunications, or construction of utilities (fiber, gas water, etc.) industries is a plus.
- Deadline driven, self-motivated, and technically savvy; able to pick up new systems quickly.
- Highly organized, self-starter, and detail oriented.
- Ability to maintain professional tact in a fast-paced work environment with internal personnel and clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior time management.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible, take direction with ease, including changes to schedule and workflow priorities.
- Critical thinking skills; make assessments and provide solutions to problems.
- Superior customer service. Dedication to providing customers “White Glove Service”.
- May be required at times for training purposes.
- Able to sit for long periods of time.
- Able to look at a computer screen for long periods of time.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.