Location: San Jose, California
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job Id #: 6425
The Project Scheduler works with project management teams in developing schedules, from Bidding/Proposal through commission and turnover to owner. This individual will work with upper management to monitor and control regional project schedules to ensure projects are executed according to plan.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Including, but not limited to:)
- Develop, monitor, control and update in depth project schedules to ensure projects are optimally executed.
- Review and distribute production, work, and schedules; confer with management to determine progress of work and completion dates; and compile reports on progress of work, costs, and production problems.[RB1]
- Work with project managers to create, update and report on WBS (Work Breakdown Structures).
- Assist in reviewing region project schedules to ensure compliance with contract, reviewing progress and reporting variances.
- Support project management teams in maintaining timely and effective change management processes.
- Earned value management, budget review/cost analysis, and change of scope impact analysis.
- Conduct Critical Path Method (CPM) scheduling including monitoring critical path and reporting risks and potential recovery options to project management.
- Resource loading schedules to support staffing requirements across multiple projects and regions.
- Closely monitor near-term activities, provide monthly resource look-ahead and progress by proactively interacting with project team leads and project management for status or concerns.
- Examine documents, materials, or products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy, and conformance to standards and specifications.
- Review documents, such as production schedules, work orders, or staffing tables, to determine personnel or materials requirements or material priorities.
- Confer with department supervisors or other personnel to assess progress and discuss needed changes.
- Record production data, including volume produced or quality control measures.
- Distribute production schedules or work orders to departments.
- Compile information, such as production rates or customer information, so that status reports can be completed.
Arrange for delivery, assembly, or distribution of supplies or parts to expedite flow of materials and meet production schedules.[RB2]
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, construction management or a related discipline.
- 3-5 years scheduling experience on complex multi-million-dollar projects.
- Advanced proficiency in scheduling large scale dynamic projects; experience using software to analyze and communicate project schedule risk.
- Telecommunications experience a plus.
- Detail oriented and can manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Skilled at developing relationships with owners, subcontractors, senior leaders and project teams.
- High degree of initiative, personal responsibility, and integrity.
- Deadline driven, self-motivated, and technically savvy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior time management.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible, take direction with ease, including changes to schedule and workflow priorities.
- Critical thinking skills; make assessments and provide solutions to problems.
- Superior customer service. Dedication to providing customers “White Glove Service”.
- Able to sit for long periods of time.
- Able to look at a computer screen for long periods of time.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.