Junior System Administrator
Location: Mission Valley, California
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job Id #: 6434
Responsible for handling day-to-day information technology (IT) operations. In charge of assisting system administrators with providing systems support for end users.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Including, but not limited to:)
- Manage corporate and customer infrastructure (servers, switches, routers and firewalls)
- Manage Active Directory, Exchange, IIS, Apache and SQL servers
- Install, configure and troubleshoot server hardware (Dell and Nutanix)
- Install, configure and troubleshoot Cisco switches and routers
- Manage VOIP PBX (Asterisk or FreePBX)
- Install, configure and manage Hyper Converged environment
- Install, configure and manage Virtual Server environment
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot all software and application related issues
- Install, repair and replace all desktops, laptops, mobile devices, printers, VOIP phones, scanners and copiers
- Create, deploy and manage desktop and laptop images
- Resolve all level two and three IT related issues (end user support)
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree (in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience designing and managing Active Directory
- Minimum of 2 years of experience designing and managing Exchange 2003, 2007 or 2010
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with web servers (IIS and/or Apache)
- Minimum of 1 years of experience with Cisco routers and switches
- Minimum of 1 years of experience with Sonicwall and Cisco
- Minimum of 2 years of experience managing VOIP systems (FreePBX or Asterisk preferred)
- Experience SQL (MySQL or MS SQL) is a huge plus
- Scripting experience is a huge plus
- Deadline driven, self-motivated, and technically savvy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible, take direction with ease, including changes to schedule and workflow priorities.
- Critical thinking skills; make assessments and provide solutions to problems.
- Superior customer service. Dedication to providing customers “White Glove Service”.
- May be required at times for training purposes.
- Candidate must have a valid Drivers License
- Able to sit for long periods of time.
- Able to look at a computer screen for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 40 lbs