Project Controls Specialist
Location: Bay Area, California
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job Id #: 6439
The Project Controls Specialist will support Engineering activities by planning, organizing and implementing project management tools (i.e., project controls systems, engineering interface, subcontract and materials management, purchasing, scheduling). The role will provide project administration or support to a Program Manager on larger projects and manage technical and administrative staff.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Including, but not limited to:)
- Develop complete understanding of project contract plans and specifications.
- Examine/inspect field conditions and identify problems, inaccuracies, and cost saving measures that arise and take corrective actions as needed.
- Inspect subordinates’ work for compliance with the contract plans and specifications, point out deficiencies and explain and take any corrective action needed.
- Develop and maintain the project master schedule using appropriate techniques and scheduling software with input from other project management personnel.
- Manage document control; receive and log in new issue drawings and other contract documents; maintain document control log.
- Review new issue work orders and contract documents for change of conditions; quantify impact of changes and review with supervisor; distribute new issues to field.
- Prepare weekly/monthly cost projections using information generated from project management systems and prepare quarterly cash flow projections.
- Improve project operations by recommending, as appropriate, better methods, staffing and procedural changes
- Manage and support project team including direct reports and others as needed.
- Help drive the company environmental health and safety programs at the project level, driving a safety-oriented approach to work.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree (in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) preferred.
- 2-5+ years telecommunications industry experience (OSP strongly preferred).
- Strong project management abilities.
- Deadline driven, self-motivated, and technically savvy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible, take direction with ease, including changes to schedule and workflow priorities.
- Critical thinking skills; make assessments and provide solutions to problems.
- Superior customer service. Dedication to providing customers “White Glove Service”.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.