Location: Orange, California
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job Id #: 6454
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Including, but not limited to:)
- Create projections of periodic financial reports
- Maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Development and maintenance of a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk,
- Report the Company’s financial results in accordance with GAAP
- Perform month-end and year-end close processes including closing journal entries
- Perform or review various general ledger account reconciliations
- Perform financial analysis over company performance on a timely basis including KPI calculation, budget to actual variance analysis, and other reports on an as needed basis
- Coordinate the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
- Prepare and publish timely monthly consolidated financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Work with our external accounting team to manage compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Additional controller duties as necessary
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Proven working experience as financial professional in a supervisory role
- 6+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP and internal control procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- Deadline driven, self-motivated, and technically savvy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible, take direction with ease, including changes to schedule and workflow priorities.
- Critical thinking skills; make assessments and provide solutions to problems.
- Superior customer service. Dedication to providing customers “White Glove Service”.