Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job Id #: 6457
The Project Accountant is responsible for performing basic to intermediate level accounting duties of assigned projects, such as revenue recognition, transactional accounting, and moderately complex invoicing. Typically, responsible for basic analysis, forecasting, budgeting and reporting. Also responsible for working closely with management to provide financial insight on the performance of assigned projects. Ensures the project is in compliance with contractual obligations, as appropriate.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Including, but not limited to:)
- Generates, audits and distributes draft invoices and/or credit memos to Project Management for review based on understanding of contract.
- Obtains appropriate approval and distributes accordingly.
- Researches and resolves basic to moderately complex invoice matters.
- Monitors cash collections by actively communicating aging risk to project management to determine necessary collection actions.
- Communicate with clients regarding past due invoices.
- Researches and responds to project related questions as requested.
- Provide analysis on project performance including actual results compared to forecasted amounts
- Estimate revenue recognized based on percentage of completion calculations
- Prepare revenue recognition on project income statement for accuracy and identify deviations from budget compared to forecast.
- Communicate project financial information to management for assigned projects.
- Identify and communicates material variances.
- Track vendor performance against invoices and work orders to calculate monthly expense accruals.
- Assist with audit requests by providing supporting documentation.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent.
- 2+ Years of Accounting experience.
- Telecommunications or construction industry experience a plus.
- Basic knowledge of Percent Complete Accounting.
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Word, Power BI and PowerPoint skills.
- Ability to multi-task/handle volume.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and make decisions with integrity.
- Deadline driven, self-motivated, and technically savvy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible, take direction with ease, including changes to schedule and workflow priorities.
- Critical thinking skills; make assessments and provide solutions to problems.
- Superior customer service. Dedication to providing customers “White Glove Service”.