Location: Orange, California
Job Type: Contract
Job Id #: 6470
The Engineering Assistant administratively supports a Project Manager by providing document organization, electronic file and data management, database navigation, and reporting.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Including, but not limited to:)
- Combine, convert, and upload image and PDF files into internal and external database systems.
- Audit engineer’s time and attendance in Excel reports and cross check all job numbers.
- Maintain client confidentiality and protect operations by using discretion with confidential and sensitive information.
- Prepare reports by collecting and analyzing information from spreadsheets and take initiative to contact other personnel for necessary missing information.
- Monitor and log incoming new work.
- Draft team emails and documents.
- Read, research, and route correspondence.
- Maintain calendar schedule.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Office experience in engineering, construction, architecture, or telecommunications industry preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Adobe Acrobat; Ability to learn new systems and databases quickly.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Deadline driven, self-motivated, and technically savvy.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Superior time management skills.
- Extremely organized with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible, take direction with ease, including changes to schedule and workflow priorities.
- Critical thinking skills; make assessments and provide solutions to problems.
- Ability to maintain professional tact in a fast-paced work environment with internal personnel and clients.
- Superior customer service. Dedication to providing customers “White Glove Service”.