Location: Mission Valley, California
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job Id #: 6473
The Planner will be trained and mentored on facilitating projects in the OSP telecommunication network. Planners support client initiatives through high quality local loop broadband capacity planning. Upon completion of training, Planners will be able to determine the most economical fiber cable route, as well as copper distribution. Process will involve evaluation of multiple routes, support structures, municipal requirements, construction costs, and existing structure occupancy costs. Planners document the rationale supporting the proposed plan and routing decisions.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Including, but not limited to:)
- Perform applied research, development, and provisioning of new and existing OSP and ISP facilities. Analyze cost alternatives for multiple solutions.
- Responsible for planning and facilitating projects supporting GPON, Fiber routing for Small Cell, Front and Backhaul, Fiber to the Home (FTTH).
- Handle planning for Equipment and Fiber/Bandwidth allocation.
- Recommend a final route based on the most economical solution that meets the customer requirements.
- Document the plan with identified feeder routes, support structure and, budget.
- Apply a thorough understanding of how local construction practices, customer preferences, and permitting agency requirements to fiber routing decisions.
- Use various tools to create and validate a preliminary Bill of Materials (BOM) reflecting the costs and materials associated with the routing decisions.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics preferred.
- Understanding of basic Finance and Accounting concepts.
- Must be proficient in using computer software such as MS-Office, PDF, etc.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet critical customer dates.
- Deadline driven, self-motivated, and technically savvy.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Superior time management.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible, take direction with ease, including changes to schedule and workflow priorities.
- Critical thinking skills; make assessments and provide solutions to problems.
- Ability to maintain professional tact in a fast-paced work environment with internal personnel and clients.
- Superior customer service. Dedication to providing customers “White Glove Service”
- May be required at times for training purposes.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to look at a computer screen for long periods of time