Location: Bay Area, California
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job Id #: 6489
CHC Consulting is not your everyday, cookie cutter kind of OSP engineering firm. We're better. We provide high caliber outside plant engineering and staffing solutions to top companies in the telecommunications industry. Our singular focus: engineering solutions for the telecom industry. Our signature outcome: satisfied clients. We provide turnkey, cost effective engineering solutions that save client’s time, resources and money. We specialize in staffing the best and brightest telecommunications professionals for contract and full time positions with leading companies nationwide.
The Permit Coordinator is responsible understanding the requirements of various permitting agencies in assigned area and applying that knowledge when applying for and submitting accurate permit requests. The Permit Coordinator will also be responsible for securing permits on schedule, tracking permit status, and resolving issues preventing approval.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Including, but not limited to:)
- Permit Applications
- Learn and employ the permit application process for various permitting agencies.
- Complete permit applications.
- Conduct cursory reviews of permit plans for completeness and conformance to permitting agency requirements.
- Tracking and Reporting
- Prepare reports by collecting and analyzing information from spreadsheets and take initiative to contact other personnel for necessary missing information.
- Draft correspondence and documents for use by internal teams and permitting agencies.
- Combine, convert, and upload image and PDF files into internal and external database systems.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in all Microsoft Office programs. Ability to learn new systems and databases quickly.
- Permitting experience in a wireline, wireless or telecom engineering/construction setting strongly preferred.
- Deadline driven, self-motivated, and technically savvy.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Superior time management skills.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail especially in regards to reporting and auditing data
- Ability to be flexible, take direction with ease, including changes to schedule and workflow priorities.
- Critical thinking skills; make assessments and provide solutions to problems.
- Ability to maintain professional tact in a fast-paced work environment with internal personnel and clients.
- Superior customer service. Dedication to providing customers “White Glove Service”.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.