Divisional Financial Analyst
Location: Orange, California
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job Id #: 6499
The Divisional Financial Analyst is responsible for preparing and managing financial and profitability reporting and acts as a lead in the preparation of division annual budgets. Ensures the application of accounting principles and practices while demonstrating excellent communication skills with all levels of the organization. This role is a key liaison between operations and finance with visibility at the highest levels of the organization.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Including, but not limited to:)
- Prepare and deliver in a timely and accurate manner, daily and monthly financial reports, including Board financial packages to support the achievement of your assigned division’s objectives:
- Analyze and report on current financial status.
- Compare budgeted or otherwise anticipated financial data and actual results and identify areas of improvement.
- Act as a true business partner by providing financial results to division operational leaders along with analysis and support.
- Lead in the preparation of annual operating budgets for your assigned division.
- Review accounting transactions for data accuracy.
- Primary contact for financial performance and results related to your assigned division, working between both the finance team and an operations team to ensure the completeness and accuracy of financial records.
- Maintain and encourage open and honest business relationships within the finance department, as well as the operational team within your assigned division.
- Build and utilize working relationships with internal business partners across the organization.
- Researches and responds to income statement inquiries as needed with complete explanations and supporting schedules.
- Perform ERP post-implementation tasks and problem resolution as needed.
- Lead in industry best practices when it comes to managing and implementing financial modeling tools.
- Serve as a change leader as CHC Consulting continues to adapt to new and exciting ways of delivering business services.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- At least 4 years of proven work experience as a Senior Financial Analyst, Financial Analyst or similar role.
- Full cycle accounting experience.
- Exceptional financial analysis skills; preferable experience with a large organization with significant revenue.
- Up-to-date knowledge of accounting laws and regulations.
- Excellent analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Ability to present financial data using detailed reports and charts.
- Confidentiality in handling sensitive financial information.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to complete multiple duties with accuracy shifting from one to another with frequent interruptions and competing deadlines.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including pivot tables, Vlookups and strong keyboard commands.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and web-browsers. Experience using Microsoft Bi preferred.
- Deadline driven, self-motivated, and technically savvy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible, take direction with ease, including changes to schedule and workflow priorities.
- Critical thinking skills; make assessments and provide solutions to problems.
- Superior customer service. Dedication to providing customers “White Glove Service”.