Quality Control Engineer
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job Id #: 6512
The Quality Control Engineer performs quality control reviews on OSP Engineering designs. These designs can include aerial, underground or inside building placement environments. Knowledge of the OSP design, customer and jurisdictional requirements will be crucial to the success of the quality control.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Including, but not limited to:)
- Verify that scope of work was followed
- Verify that all existing underground and aerial facilities are correctly located per customer records, city records, and field conditions.
- Identify missing and/or incorrect design information.
- Communicate quality issues with the engineer and engineering manager to find resolution. Keep continuous contact with engineer until all issues have been resolved.
- Approve designs before submittal to customer.
- Ensure current design is the most effective and efficient plan to follow.
- Ensure designs in accordance to customer specifications and guidelines.
- Manage and enforce engineering quality and compliance with outside plant design specification.
- Own the quality control process to produce a value-engineered design, removing all obstacles for construction.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics preferred.
- 5+ years of OSP engineering experience.
- Understanding of OSP Engineering concepts related to the design and construction of fiber and/or copper cable.
- Strong knowledge of aerial and underground design and construction requirements as they relate to the customer and any governmental guidelines.
- Ability to modify design prints using a PDF writer.
- Ability to maintain and update databases.
- Deadline driven, self-motivated, and technically savvy.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Superior time management skills.
- Extremely organized with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible, take direction with ease, including changes to schedule and workflow priorities.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills; make assessments and provide solutions to problems.
- Ability to maintain professional tact in a fast-paced work environment with internal personnel and clients.
- Superior customer service. Dedication to providing customers “White Glove Service”.
- May be required at times for training purposes.
- Able to sit for long periods of time.
- Able to look at a computer screen for long periods of time.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.