Location: Bay Area, California
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job Id #: 6543
The Permit Coordinator is responsible understanding the requirements of various permitting agencies in assigned area and applying that knowledge when applying for and submitting accurate permit requests. The Permit Coordinator will also be responsible for securing permits on schedule, tracking permit status, and resolving issues preventing approval.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Including, but not limited to:)
- Permit Applications
- Learn and employ the permit application process for various permitting agencies.
- Complete permit applications.
- Conduct cursory reviews of permit plans for completeness and conformance to permitting agency requirements.
- Tracking and Reporting
- Prepare reports by collecting and analyzing information from spreadsheets and take initiative to contact other personnel for necessary missing information.
- Draft correspondence and documents for use by internal teams and permitting agencies.
- Combine, convert, and upload image and PDF files into internal and external database systems.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in all Microsoft Office programs. Ability to learn new systems and databases quickly.
- Permitting experience in a wireline, wireless or telecom engineering/construction setting strongly preferred.
- Deadline driven, self-motivated, and technically savvy.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Superior time management skills.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail especially in regards to reporting and auditing data
- Ability to be flexible, take direction with ease, including changes to schedule and workflow priorities.
- Critical thinking skills; make assessments and provide solutions to problems.
- Ability to maintain professional tact in a fast-paced work environment with internal personnel and clients.
- Superior customer service. Dedication to providing customers “White Glove Service”.
- May be required at times for training purposes.
- Able to sit for long periods of time.
- Able to look at a computer screen for long periods of time.