Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job Id #: 6545
Responsible for the engineering and design of the most cost-effective, accurate and high quality OSP construction work prints while meeting or exceeding all client deadlines.
Job Responsibilities (Including, but not limited to:)
- Work in various customer specific systems to produce a cost effective engineered design for construction to place, splice, install and maintain for many years to come.
- Identify assigned fiber/copper pairs at a strategic access points and design an aerial and or underground path from point A to point B.
- Identify the necessary requirements to successfully attach fiber/copper cables to a poles as well as place cables in the underground environments.
- Engineer in the public right of way and on private property avoiding conflict with existing facilities.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics preferred.
- Experience and understanding of outside plant engineering and construction techniques.
- Experience working with Outside Plant Engineering in the following systems: AutoCAD, and or client-specific GIS software.
- Knowledge of fiber networking, routing, and network management.
- Deep understanding of Outside Plant Engineering as it pertains to the architecture of various FTTX networks.
- Construction experience preferred, but not required.
- Field experienced preferable, but not required.
- Experience with project management processes, tools, and the ability to coordinate multiple projects with reproducible results.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Microsoft Excel.
- Deadline driven, self-motivated, and technically savvy.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Superior time management.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible, take direction with ease, including changes to schedule and workflow priorities.
- Critical thinking skills; make assessments and provide solutions to problems.
- Ability to maintain professional tact in a fast-paced work environment with internal personnel and clients.
- Superior customer service. Dedication to providing customers “White Glove Service”.
- May be required at times for training purposes.
- Able to sit for long periods of time.
- Able to look at a computer screen for long periods of time.