Location: Any CHC Office, California
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job Id #: 6546
Responsible for the engineering and design of the most cost-effective, accurate and high quality OSP construction work prints while meeting or exceeding all client deadlines.
Job Responsibilities (Including, but not limited to:)
- Work in various customer specific systems to produce a cost effective engineered design for construction to place, splice, install and maintain for many years to come.
- Identify assigned fiber/copper pairs at a strategic access points and design an aerial and or underground path from point A to point B.
- Identify the necessary requirements to successfully attach fiber/copper cables to a poles as well as place cables in the underground environments.
- Engineer in the public right of way and on private property avoiding conflict with existing facilities.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ yrs OSP Design experience
- Able to plan and design projects without oversight.
- Has a deep understanding of OSP planning, design and construction methods.
- Capable of performing ad-hoc requests for complicated QA or planning services with minimal explanation and oversight.
- Able to define and clarify design and quality standards.
- Able to create high-level efficiency cable routing.
- Does not require quality audits and can communicate directly with the customer.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics preferred.
- Experience and understanding of outside plant engineering and construction techniques.
- Experience working with Outside Plant Engineering in the following systems: AutoCAD, and or client-specific GIS software.
- Knowledge of fiber networking, routing, and network management.
- Deep understanding of Outside Plant Engineering as it pertains to the architecture of various FTTX networks.
- Construction experience preferred, but not required.
- Field experienced preferable, but not required.
- Experience with project management processes, tools, and the ability to coordinate multiple projects with reproducible results.
- Experience with AutoCAD and Microsoft Excel.
- Deadline driven, self-motivated, and technically savvy.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Superior time management.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible, take direction with ease, including changes to schedule and workflow priorities.
- Critical thinking skills; make assessments and provide solutions to problems.
- Ability to maintain professional tact in a fast-paced work environment with internal personnel and clients.
- Superior customer service. Dedication to providing customers “White Glove Service”.
- May be required at times for training purposes.
- Able to sit for long periods of time.
- Able to look at a computer screen for long periods of time.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.