Engineer I - Records Research
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job Id #: 6557
The Record Research Engineer is responsible for processing requests from Project Teams within the Records Research Group. The group is responsible for providing support to internal teams at CHC by identifying project requirements, outlining the records process and obtaining necessary documentation to complete design, engineering and construction.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Including, but not limited to:)
- Process various types of substructure utility requests.
- Populate daily results in databases and trackers.
- Store acquired data in proper locations (GIS, SharePoint, Shared Drives, databases).
- Create features in a GIS system.
- Interact with jurisdictions and utility companies by phone and email.
- Perform self-checks to ensure deliverables meet Client (internal & external) expectations.
- Continuously evaluate process and procedures and notify supervisor for proposed improvements.
- Share industry knowledge, latest technology, and processes with other team members.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, GIS, or Mathematics, preferred.
- 3 or more years of Permit Drawing Experience, preferred.
- Understand Client & City specific standards and requirements to create permit drawings.
- Read and understand utility substructure plans, parcel maps, tract maps, and conduit records.
- Understand engineering design & quality standards.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, GIS programs, Adobe Acrobat (or similar).
- Deadline driven, self-motivated, and technically savvy.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible, take direction with ease, including changes to schedule and workflow priorities.
- Critical thinking skills; make assessments and provide solutions to problems.
- Ability to maintain professional tact in a fast-paced work environment with internal personnel and clients.
- Superior customer service. Dedication to providing customers “White Glove Service”.
- May be required at times for training purposes.
- Able to sit for long periods of time.
- Able to look at a computer screen for long periods of time.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.