Program Manager, Field Operations
Location: Remote, California
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job Id #: 6561
CHC’s Program Manager is responsible for managing functionalized groups of engineers to drive projects from inception through deployment over a regional scale. The Program Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the group: budgeting, forecasting, capacity management and resources.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Including, but not limited to:)
- Manage assigned program groups, ensuring that all activities are coordinated and completed on time and within budget.
- Develop and manage capacity, production and cycle time expectations.
- Develop accurate forecasts and budgets, modify and update as needed.
- Lead internal meetings with other managers and team members to review the status of the program and implement changes as necessary to ensure timely completion.
- Attend customer meetings to provide customer with comprehensive status reports and resolve any conflicts or issues that arise.
- Ensure accurate and complete files are maintained for projects and appropriate close-out documents are distributed in a timely manner in accordance with corporate and customer standards.
- Ensure that all work is maintained in a tracking system with complete accuracy.
- Develop and update, processes and procedures to streamline workflows.
- Manage external vendors on an as needed basis.
- Identify innovative ways to reduce work cycle times and increase quality.
- Determine a workload and financial forecast based on trends, historical trends or customer commitments.
- Retrieve, analyze, transform and report data for business intelligence.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree (equivalent work experience may be taken into consideration).
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred.
- 5-8 years of wireline, wireless or telecom engineering/construction experience.
- 2-4 years management experience.
- Advanced knowledge of telecommunications/wireless program/project management.
- Ability to direct the diagnosis of work flow problems, critical paths and institute remedies.
- Ability to read and understand financial metrics and identify remedies to financial issues.
- Ability to manage and process multiple data streams.
- Knowledge of engineering services: Telco, power, fiber, basic construction.
- Deadline driven, self-motivated, and technically savvy.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Superior time management skills.
- Extremely organized with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible, take direction with ease, including changes to schedule and workflow priorities.
- Critical thinking skills; make assessments and provide solutions to problems.
- Ability to maintain professional tact in a fast-paced work environment with internal personnel and clients.
- Superior customer service. Dedication to providing customers “White Glove Service”.
- May be required at times for training purposes.
- Able to sit for long periods of time.
- Able to look at a computer screen for long periods of time.