Quality Control Field Inspector
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job Id #: 6569
Minimum 3 years Outside Plant Engineering and/or Construction.
- Conduct aerial make ready engineering surveys for fiber network design.
- Conduct fiber layout site surveys.
- Draw and stake new construction route opportunities.
- Locate fiber optic cables.
- Provide accurate aerial and underground measurements, photos, sketches.
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability necessary to perform layout and surveying.
- Demonstrate knowledge of pole design, pole attachments and clearance requirements.
- Demonstrate Make-Ready knowledge and experience.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings and specifications.
- Must be willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Must have construction experience - private/public ROW, visually identify existing utilities, etc.
- 5+ years’ experience in CATV/TELCO OSP Construction fields.
- Experience with CATV / Broadband construction specifications.
- Ability to edit documents and upload PDF files into Project Management software.
- Ability to upload/download documents from Project Management software.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of basic computer systems and software.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications - Excel, Outlook, Word, etc.
- Proficiency using Google Earth.
SPECIAL DEMANDS (SOFT SKILLS)
- Attention to detail.
- Dependable, enthusiastic, self-motivated, self-starter, tenacious.
- Desire an interest in continued learning.
- Excellent problem-solving and trouble resolution abilities.
- Possess a passion to start and complete jobs to meet deadlines.
- Solid customer service.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to coordinate and inspect work of contractors / subcontractors.
- Ability to identify field issues with potential to impact network design.
- Experience in cable locates, cable placement.
- Experience in fiber routes and construction.
- Understanding of NESC, NEC, and RUS rules and regulations.
- Understanding of state, local, municipal rules and regulations.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.