OSP Project Manager
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job Id #: 6570
The Project Manager is responsible for defining project scope and objectives, coordinating activities of a project team, and identifying resources. Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports. Responsible for project tracking and analysis in order to take action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems. Ensures adherences to quality standards and reviews project deliverables.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Including, but not limited to:)
- Lead a project team.
- Manage tasks to ensure on time completion.
- Manage capacity, production and cycle time expectations.
- Lead internal meetings with other managers and team members to review the status of the program and implement changes as necessary to ensure timely completion.
- Attend customer meetings to provide customer with comprehensive status reports and resolve any conflicts or issues that arise.
- Ensure that all work is maintained in a tracking system with complete accuracy.
- Develop and update, processes and procedures to streamline workflows.
- Identify innovative ways to reduce work cycle times and increase quality.
- Retrieve, analyze, transform and report data for business intelligence.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in CATV/TELCO OSP Construction fields.
- Experience with CATV / Broadband construction specifications.
- Experience conducting end to end project management of large fiber deployment projects; able to provide technical and analytical guidance to a project team.
- Must have experience with placing strand, copper, coax and fiber in an aerial and UG environment (aerial lash and UG in conduit).
- Experience with various fiber optic / carrier / collocation products and services in an operational, engineering or implementation role.
- Must be able to read & understand prints, maps & construction plans.
- Relationship management experience (government/city officials, clients, etc.) preferred.
- Civil/and or telecommunications construction background preferred.
- Deadline driven, self-motivated, and technically savvy.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Superior time management skills.
- Extremely organized with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible, take direction with ease, including changes to schedule and workflow priorities.
- Critical thinking skills; make assessments and provide solutions to problems.
- Ability to maintain professional tact in a fast-paced work environment with internal personnel and clients.
- Superior customer service. Dedication to providing customers “White Glove Service”.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.