Location: Davenport, Iowa
Job Type: Contract
Job Id #: 6571
The Engineering Assistant administratively supports a Project Manager by providing document organization, electronic file and data management, database navigation, and reporting.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Including, but not limited to:)
- Travel to assigned locations and perform site walks.
- Locate existing paths of copper and or fiber cables.
- Complete permit applications.
- Possible design in the underground environment such as manholes, handholes, and pedestals to place fiber cable through conduit and various access points.
- Combine, convert, and upload image and PDF files into internal and external database systems.
- Audit engineer’s time and attendance in Excel reports and cross check all job numbers.
- Maintain client confidentiality and protect operations by using discretion with confidential and sensitive information.
- Prepare reports by collecting and analyzing information from spreadsheets and take initiative to contact other personnel for necessary missing information.
- Monitor and log incoming new work.
- Draft team emails and documents.
- Read, research, and route correspondence.
- Maintain calendar schedule.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Valid Driver’s License and Proof of Insurance.
- Office experience in engineering, construction, architecture, or telecommunications industry preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Adobe Acrobat; Ability to learn new systems and databases quickly.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Deadline driven, self-motivated, and technically savvy.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Superior time management skills.
- Extremely organized with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible, take direction with ease, including changes to schedule and workflow priorities.
- Critical thinking skills; make assessments and provide solutions to problems.
- Ability to maintain professional tact in a fast-paced work environment with internal personnel and clients.
- Superior customer service. Dedication to providing customers “White Glove Service”.
- *NOTE: This position works directly from the office of a CHC Consulting client.
- Field work is required. Travel to job site(s) in personal vehicle required.
- Other travel may be required at times for training purposes.
- Able to sit for long periods of time.
- Able to look at a computer screen for long periods of time.
- Ability to stand, stoop, squat and bend for extended periods of time.
- OK with confined spaces.
- Tolerant to extreme elements (heat, sun, wind, rain, snow, etc.).
- Good vision and depth perception (corrective lenses OK).
- Able to sit and drive for extended periods of time.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.