Human Resources Assistant
Location: Orange, California
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job Id #: 6574
The Human Resources Assistant is responsible for the administrative support of day-to-day human resource operations and assists with a variety of activities and programs including those related to compliance, onboarding, benefits and workplace safety. Handle employees' personal information, while maintaining proper security for all files and following privacy procedures at all times.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Including, but not limited to:)
- Prepare and/or maintain employment records related to events, such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions.
- Process new-hire procedures: background and drug screens, create employee files, administer employee handbook and ensuring all necessary paperwork is properly filled out, submitted and filed.
- Conduct exit interviews and ensure that necessary employment termination paperwork is completed.
- Answer employee questions about human resources policies and procedures.
- Organize, maintain and update employee personnel files as needed
- Respond to unemployment and disability claims and audits.
- Process request for verification of employment.
- Compile and prepare data for reporting and analysis.
- Provides overall administrative support to the HR department, including maintaining, processing documentation and records.
- Ad hoc human resources projects as needed.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, preferred.
- 1+ years’ experience in human resources.
- Proficiency with basic computer programs such as the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of Federal employment law; experience and knowledge of California employment law, preferred.
- Deadline driven, self-motivated, and technically savvy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible, take direction with ease, including changes to schedule and workflow priorities.
- Critical thinking skills; make assessments and provide solutions to problems.
- Superior customer service. Dedication to providing customers “White Glove Service”.
- May be required at times for training purposes.
- Able to sit for long periods of time.
- Able to look at a computer screen for long periods of time.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.