Make Ready Engineer Manager
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job Id #: 6591
The Engineering Manager is responsible for working with the customer to define project scope, customer requirements and deliverables. Mentor and continuously provide feedback to improve the engineer's design skills for current and new projects. Develop detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports to both internal and external customers. Ensures adherences to quality standards and reviews project deliverables before submission to the customer.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Including, but not limited to:)
- Hold team accountable for submitting timely, quality work.
- Mentor engineers and prepare them for new projects.
- Continuously evaluate and inform each direct report's performance and improve their current skills for the advancement of the team.
- Work with program management to continuously innovate work flow and/or process to increase efficiency and decrease cycle times for the customer.
- Validate accurate time reporting with the intention of maintaining an accurate spend vs budget.
- Monitor task completion times to confirm team is paid in accordance with the allocated budgets.
- Provide valuable input for business development during the RFP process.
- Work with innovations team to determine how the adaptation of new technologies can improve efficiency.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating engineering playbook as internal and external processes and requirements change.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in OSP design.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a supervisor or manager role.
- Able to provide technical and analytical guidance to an engineering team.
- Advanced experience with MS Excel, Visio, and Google Earth.
- Experience performing Make Ready Engineering or Construction for power or communication utilities.
- Experience with various fiber optic products and services in an operational, engineering or implementation role.
- Familiar with NESC and GO95 Standards.
- Familiar with pole loading software (OCALC or SpidaCALC) and GIS systems.
- Familiar with how jurisdictions or governmental agencies can impact design scope and timeline.
- Civil/and or telecommunications construction background preferred.
- Deadline driven, self-motivated, and technically savvy.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal communication skills.
- Superior time management skills.
- Extremely organized with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible, take direction with ease, including changes to schedule and workflow priorities.
- Critical thinking skills; make assessments and provide solutions to problems.
- Ability to maintain professional tact in a fast-paced work environment with internal personnel and clients.
- Superior customer service. Dedication to providing customers “White Glove Service”.
- May be required at times for training purposes.
- Able to sit for long periods of time.
- Able to look at a computer screen for long periods of time.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.