Project Cost Controls Analyst
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job Id #: 6603
The Project Cost Controls Analyst works in conjunction with the Project Manager, Project Controls Manager, Scheduler and Engineering Manager to create and manage the day to day costs of the project. This role will be responsible for providing timely and reliable cost and performance measurements.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Including, but not limited to:)
- Prepare project financial setup documents
- Work with Project Manager to establish and maintain a project work breakdown structure (WBS)
- Develop and maintain budget and cost reports, earned value analyses, and resource planning and allocation.
- Support Project Managers in project execution.
- Review and monitor budgets
- Perform weekly financial review; identify necessary corrections
- Initiate and process labor and AP transfers
- Establish and maintain cost tracking reports to monitor budgets against actual costs and forecasts
- Provide project manager with weekly project financial updates
- Schedule, prepare for and participate in weekly project reviews
- Provide invoice support including review of monthly invoices and all required invoice backup; track invoice payments; monitor release of sub-consultant payments per contract terms.
- Assist with change management support, including maintenance of project change log.
- Review and monitor budgets
- Support Project Managers in management of subcontracts.
- Prepare procurement forms for subcontract initiation
- Lead subcontractor invoice review process; obtain PM approval, track approval process and track payment coordination
- Track budget, expenditure and contract term for all subcontracts
- Initiate term extensions and closures of subcontracts when appropriate
- Other duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with project documentation and preparation of proposals and pricing profiles
- Assist with contract/subcontract compliance issues
- Coordinate with Project Managers, Operations Management, Accounting Department, Staff, and Sub-consultants
- Other duties as requested
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree (in Finance, Engineering, or Construction Management) preferred.
- Knowledge of fundamental principles, concepts, and techniques in project cost accounting and project financial controls.
- Skill and ability to perform moderately complex professional tasks under general supervision and guidance.
- Ability to independently organize own work to meet established objectives, using discretion in performing duties.
- Deadline driven, self-motivated, and technically savvy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible, take direction with ease, including changes to schedule and workflow priorities.
- Critical thinking skills; make assessments and provide solutions to problems.
- Superior customer service. Dedication to providing customers “White Glove Service”.