Senior OSP Estimator
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job Id #: 6604
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Including, but not limited to:)
- Preparing detailed project cost estimates in EXCEL (or other proposed tool TBD).
- Complete post-bid analysis on unsuccessful bids.
- Negotiate and coordinate sub-contractor and supplier quotations for labor, material, and equipment as it relates to design/build construction.
- Establish best in class tools for bidding and estimating new telecommunications jobs nationwide and establishing repeatable processes.
- Review bid requirements for projects in a timely manner, ensuring all aspects of the project are documented and accounted for.
- Prepare estimates for telecommunications design, build, and engineering jobs with input from appropriate departments, and ensure both internal and external bid deadlines are met.
- Review scope documentation and develop basis of quantities and material take-offs.
- Coordinate with vendors and suppliers to obtain material and labor quotes.
- Prepare bid packages and responses RFPs, RFIs, and other related bid information.
- Provide information for management presentations.
- Update and maintains historical cost data, and perform comparisons of scope, quantities and cost data between projects.
- Responsible for directing, training and developing subordinates.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree (in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) preferred.
- Previous OSP Project Experience.
- Knowledge of cost principle procedures.
- Development, coordination, and maintenance of the company estimating database
- Previous experience in managing one or more estimators.
- Financial Acumen.
- Deadline driven, self-motivated, and technically savvy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible, take direction with ease, including changes to schedule and workflow priorities.
- Critical thinking skills; make assessments and provide solutions to problems.
- Superior customer service. Dedication to providing customers “White Glove Service”.
- May be required at times for training purposes.
- Able to sit for long periods of time.
- Able to look at a computer screen for long periods of time.
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.