Desktop Support Technician
Location: Mission Valley, California
Job Type: Direct Hire
Job Id #: 6634
CHC Consulting is not your everyday, cookie cutter kind of OSP engineering firm. We're better. We provide high caliber outside plant engineering and staffing solutions to top companies in the telecommunications industry. Our singular focus: engineering solutions for the telecom industry. Our signature outcome: satisfied clients. We provide turnkey, cost effective engineering solutions that save client’s time, resources and money. We specialize in staffing the best and brightest telecommunications professionals for contract and full time positions with leading companies nationwide.
Responsible for maintaining high caliber of customer service in regards to troubleshooting, maintenance, and training customers on tools/hardware.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Including, but not limited to:)
- Respond to all user requests via emails, phone calls and walk-ins
- Create, manage and work all ticket requests in the IT ticket management system
- Resolve all level one and some low level two IT related issues
- Escalate unresolved issues to senior IT support
- Coordinate and follow-up on all tickets for all levels of support
- Provide detailed information regarding the solution of all tickets
- Add resolutions of recurring issues to the IT knowledge base
- Install, maintain and troubleshoot all software and application related issues
- Microsoft Windows (2000, XP, Vista, 7)
- Microsoft Office (2003, 2007, 2010)
- Adobe (Reader, Acrobat)
- Autodesk Autocad
- Web browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari)
- All other applicable applications deemed necessary
- Install, repair and replace all desktops, laptops, mobile devices, printers, VOIP phones, scanners and copiers
- Create, deploy and manage desktop and laptop images
- Provide basic networking (Connection Issues) and authentication support (Domain Login or Application Login)
- Coordinate the creation of all new user accounts
- Assist users with managing all user accounts
- Inventory all hardware and software for all CHC locations
- Physically inventory all hardware annually
- Weekly inventory all software
- Assist with special projects as deemed necessary
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree (in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) preferred.
- Working knowledge of hardware (desktops, laptops, mobile phones, printers, copiers and VOIP phones)
- General networking (TCP/IP, DNS, and WINS)
- Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and Linux/Unix (preferred but not necessary)
- MS Office, Adobe Products, Autocad, Quickbooks and WEB applications
- Experience performing virus removal in applications such as mail ware
- Accustomed to working in a fast paced and changing environment
- Deadline driven, self-motivated, and technically savvy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible, take direction with ease, including changes to schedule and workflow priorities.
- Critical thinking skills; make assessments and provide solutions to problems.
- Superior customer service. Dedication to providing customers “White Glove Service”.
- May be required at times for training purposes.
- Able to sit for long periods of time.
- Able to look at a computer screen for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and move 40 lbs
All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” employment relationship.